Based in Toronto, Canada
19 September, 2019
Grindstone is a game of sword-slashing puzzle battles from the award-winning creators of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes and Critter Crunch! Grindstone Mountain is overrun with vicious Creeps! Slay your way up its treacherous peak where fortune, glory (and death) awaits! It’ll take sharp puzzle skills and an even sharper blade to cleave your way through the swarms of bloodthirsty Creeps dwelling within Grindstone’s dungeons. Battle bosses, loot resources, discover long-lost blueprints for powerful gear, all while cleaving the innards from your deadly foes! Over 150 levels of intense puzzle-battling madness!
Grindstone is a labor of love, built upon the foundation laid by CAPY's earlier projects. Pulling from their roots in puzzle games, honed design sensibilties, and trademark visual style, CAPY delivered one of the definitive games in Apple Arcade's launch lineup. Since release, the Grindstone team has continued to support and expand the game with new updates including additional levels, costumes, items, and enemies.
- 150+ Levels of finely-tuned puzzle battle action
- Ongoing updates continually add new levels, items, and enemies
- Simple & satisfying color-matching gameplay
- Dozens of enemies, obstacles and items add complexity over time
- Original, award-winning soundtrack by Sam Webster
Logo & Icon
- "Grindstone wasn’t just a great puzzle game, it was one of my favorite experiences of last year."
- Patrick Klepek, VICE
- "A terrifically bloody cartoon puzzler ... fabulous animation and fiendishly challenging twists elevate it to a very special Apple Arcade standard-bearer."
- Tom Hoggins and Dan Silver, The Telegraph
- "It's an instant Classic"
- Oli Welsh, Eurogamer
- "Grindstone is a perfect balance of risk and reward."
- Nicole Carpenter, Polygon
GRINDSTONE Original Soundtrack by Sam Webster
Available on Bandamp bysamuel.bandcamp.com.
About Capybara Games
Capybara Games is an award-winning, independent game development studio based in Toronto Canada. Known for their distinct style and keen eye for quality, CAPY's games include Grindstone, BELOW, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Super Time Force Ultra, Critter Crunch, OK K.O.! Let's Play Heroes, and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes.
More information on Capybara Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Testronic Laboratories Limited